About this job
We are hiring for an experienced Data specialist as a full-time permanent opportunity, to work at Dennis in the USA.
- Permanent Data Protection / Data Specialist / Privacy Analyst position.
- Full-time, Eastern Standard Time (EST) 9:00 – 17:00.
- Can be based fully remotely. We have offices in New York and Washington DC.
The Dennis Publishing Group (“Dennis”) comprises Dennis Publishing Ltd in the UK, The Week Publications, Inc. in New York, and Kiplinger in Washington D.C.
Dennis' Global portfolio of over 30 brands operate in four areas of excellence: Current Affairs, Technology, Automotive and Lifestyle which, when combined reach over 50 million unique users and sell over 2.5 million magazines every month. Dennis has transformed its approach from traditional print publishing to a multi-platform publishing and ecommerce business spanning both the UK and US, with a group revenue in excess of $200m.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Group Head of IT & Data Governance, you will be working as part of a wider team responsible for data protection and privacy, infrastructure and security.
- You will work directly with internal business stakeholders at all levels as well as interfacing with our consumers and our data protection and privacy partners.
- Assist with the management of our data inventory and associated projects which will support our legal, privacy and information technology needs.
- Review and understand regulatory and risk-based processes.
- Deal with consumer requests relating to privacy and specific data held by us.
This opportunity will allow a big thinker with superior tactical skills to show their depth and breadth of privacy governance processes.
What do we require from you?
- Technology experience in data inventory, data tagging, websites, digital marketing, corporate applications.
- Prior administrative and technical experience leading data inventory efforts.
- Knowledge of industry-accepted privacy frameworks.
- Knowledge of privacy tools and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience working with data privacy legislation.
Additional Nice to Haves
- Ad Tech company experience.
- Previous experience working on compliance or legal initiatives.
- Certifications such as CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT, CISM, CDPSE, CISA
At Dennis, we are dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you.
We provide a highly competitive compensation and benefits packages (401K contribution and healthcare) plus a supportive environment for quality work, professional development and a healthy work/life balance.