About this job
Dennis is one of the most dynamic media organizations, operating in the UK and US markets. Its portfolio of over 30 brands, operates in four areas of excellence: Current Affairs, Technology,Automotive, and Lifestyle, reaching over 50 million unique users and selling over a 2.5million magazines every month.
Dennis has transformed its approach from its traditional print publishing roots to a multi-platform publishing and e-commerce business spanning both the UK and US, and hosts titles such as The Week, Autoexpress, and Kiplinger
We are now seeking a Diversity and Inclusion Lead to partner with our People and Talent team
What will you be doing?
Our Diversity & Inclusion Lead is a key partner to the People and Talent team and will work closely with the Group CEO and Chief People Officer, to ensure that D&I is authentically established in the way we attract, inspire and enable employees, and as a result retain our amazing talent.
In this role – which will be our first of this kind within Dennis – you will lead our continued development towards a diverse and inclusive culture across the whole Dennis Group. Having an inclusive culture is at the heart of our strategic vision of growth and transformation, and we need to equip all our employees with the education and tools they'll need to make our business a truly inclusive environment.
As the senior Diversity & Inclusion leader, you will partner with our UK and US leadership, our people and talent team, our community groups and all employees to ensure that diversity is embedded and actioned in everything we do from talent acquisition to all development, reward and recognition and business processes and procedures within the organisation.
You’ll bring extensive knowledge of relevant equality and diversity legislation and the practical application of it in policies, procedures and practices with demonstrable success, enabling you to lead the positive disruption needed to transform our organisation. You will fundamentally help us shift to an organisation that is anti-racist and consciously inclusive in every touchpoint of our employees relationship with us.
You will be responsible for advancing strategic initiatives that support our global diversity, inclusion and talent platform through strong working relationships with senior leaders to enable them to manage talent, increase overall representation, improve employee engagement and, in turn, business results.
You will implement effective people-focused initiatives that continue to transform, develop and grow employees across Dennis while creating an inclusive culture where all employees feel they have the opportunity to be both successful and their authentic self
- Demonstrated experience creating and delivering cultural change with a thorough understanding of talent attraction, management, development and retention strategies while promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills; Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to bring everyone across the organisation together into an engaged community
- Able to project credibility, build trust, and deliver results.
- Collaborative and team oriented though able to work independently in a fast-paced and changing environment where there may not be an existing process.
- Strong analytical, statistical, quantitative, and deduction skills and ability to make judgments of talent, learning, diversity, engagement.
- Ability to interpret information and make sense of data from a variety of sources
- Experience working in a global organization, building and optimizing a variety of programs across diverse teams
- Ability to develop deep relationships to understand and challenge competing priorities and to establish the strategic direction.
- Report metrics focused on development progress, diversity and inclusion across the firm to ensure that diverse talent is part of the strategic agenda for the firm
Dennis has a fast-paced, non-hierarchical culture; the successful individual will demonstrate a very rounded skill set and will be able to both lead day-to-day and inspire and roll up their sleeves to get things done. They will thrive in a fast moving entrepreneurial culture where dynamism and an approach that drives continuous improvement are essential.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear fro