About this job
We are dedicated to creating and building highly successful brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in. As a result we are looking for the highest calibre of talent to join us and help us with the next stage of our growth journey. Our car brands are an important part of our strategy which includes being able to offer our customers a solution for every stage of researching and buying a car.
We own leading automotive titles including AutoExpress, CarBuyer, DrivingElectric, Evo, Octane, CarThrottle among others. We also own the UK’s first online business to sell and deliver used cars to your home in Buyacar.co.uk. This is one of our fastest growing brands and is transforming the way people buy cars, allowing customers to browse thousands of cars online without the need to visit or even speak to a car dealer. We make it simple to purchase directly through our sales team, and deliver the car directly to the customer’s door. This unique offering and our “customer-first” approach has earned us an “excellent” rating on TrustPilot.
We are bringing together the media and ecommerce parts of the Dennis group and now want to hire an experienced Head of Data & Insights who is able to help us achieve our growth ambitions. This is a newly created role within the Automotive business owning the development, delivery, and optimisation of the data management and audience insights strategy.
This role is pivotal to driving growth across Automotive audience groups and revenue streams, as well as meeting our stated objective to be the market leader for automotive customer insights and data in the UK.
What will you be doing?
As a senior leader within the Automotive team, this person will act as business owner for audience data and the derived insights required to deliver incremental value to our users, customers, and industry partners. They will provide strategic and operational leadership expertise to develop, implement and evolve the scope, quality, and utilisation of the Automotive’s audience data from all sources (first and third-party); to support the development and delivery of revenue streams across advertising, demand generation, subscriptions, ecommerce, and data & insights.
- Experience working with senior Business and IT stakeholders to set data management strategy and formulate data initiatives’ delivery roadmaps.
- Strong communication, facilitation and issue resolution skills to make the business case for data management, secure organisational alignment and resources to drive through data management initiatives.
- Experience engaging resources outside of direct-control to achieve objectives.
- A relentless champion for data as a corporate asset.
- Possess a strategic point of view on how data and related management of that data enable specific business outcomes.
- Understand the costs and benefits of data management as it relates to complex data programmes.
- Be a good decision maker, and open to alternative points of views when making data management delivery decisions.
- Excellent understanding of Data Management methods, tools, delivery approaches and architectures.
- Substantial knowledge of technologies and operational processes required to acquire, nurture and convert customer demand, ideally with experience of the automotive industry.
- Project delivery experience using agile delivery methodologies.
- Proven experience working within environments with a diverse data landscape.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to deliver high profile activities to tight timescales.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Previous project delivery experience in the Publishing/Media industry.
- Previous delivery experience working in large, multi-release, multi-year delivery programmes.
- Delivery experience with modern data architectures including cloud based deployments (AWS preferred) and with unstructured data.
At Dennis, we are dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you.
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to support The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of their vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA, our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for this we’d very much like to hear from you!