About this job
Dennis is one of the most dynamic media organizations, operating in the US and UK markets. Its portfolio of over 30 brands, operates in four primary areas of excellence: Current Affairs, Technology, Automotive and Lifestyle, reaching over 50 million unique users and selling over 2.5million magazines every month. Dennis has transformed its approach from its traditional print publishing roots to a multi-platform publishing and ecommerce business spanning both the UK and US.
In the US, Dennis Publishing Group (Dennis) includes The Week US, The Week Junior and Kiplinger Personal Finance employing approximately 120 staff. Dennis Group (US&UK combined) employs a total 540 staff.
We are now seeking a US based People Business Partner who will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate an amazing and innovative culture within our New York and Washington DC businesses. You will bring creative and effective ideas and solutions to a growing organization. In this newly created role, you will be the lead strategic business partner for our Leadership Team and in that capacity be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees, acting as a change agent and providing overall People support.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Chief People Officer for Dennis Group, you will have frontline access to our leaders and their teams and will partner with our Global People & Talent team to support them with organizational design and effectiveness, strategic workforce planning, payroll and benefits management, talent attraction and acquisition, performance management, career pathing and change management.
Responsibilities include :
- To provide consultative support and guidance to the business and our leaders.
- Develop and implement a standardised set of employee policies and guidance in the Employee Handbook on our working practices, processes and employee entitlements (everything from family friendly policies to performance reviews)
- Manage the payroll processing and administration for all US staff. Oversee the employee benefits offering for our US teams including the relationship with our ADP payroll and 401k administration manager and corporate employee benefits advisors.
- Oversee the effective performance management within our US teams; continually act as performance improvement driver; provoking positive changes in performance and people management.
- Proactively identify Talent Management and Learning and Development gaps; partner with Chief People Officer to propose and implement changes and solutions.
- Partner with the Global Talent Acquisition team to identify and hire the best talent into the organization.
- Provide General Employee Retention case management support, coaching and advice to line managers and staff on capability / conduct issues.
- Be a key influencer of both people and business decisions. You will attend business leader staff meetings – maintaining a pulse on business needs with a view to communicating HR programs/employee engagement initiatives with flawless execution.
- Review and analyze people data for reporting purposes, to identify trends and to recommend solutions to improve performance, retention and engagement.
- Partner with the Chief People Officer to support the business in acquisitions with particular emphasis on the integration of staff into the organisation
- Progressive experience and exposure to a variety of People facets including employee relations, organizational development and talent acquisition
- Deep understanding of human resources, payroll and benefits technical knowledge
- Experience supporting a growing organization that operates as part of a global company and supporting multiple teams and functions with a wide range of HR and business advisory skills.
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations relating to HR, payroll and benefits management.
- Strong analytical capabilities, including reporting, synthesizing data, and creating positive solutions to address issues.
- Superb communication, decision-making, and interpersonal skills coupled with sound judgment.
- You will thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Strong understanding translating the priorities of the business and integrating our employer value proposition and strategies to meet the business needs
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees.
- Exceptional organization and project management skills.
We provide a highly competitive compensation and benefits packages (base salary with commission plan, 401K contribution and healthcare) plus a supportive environment for quality work, professional development and a healthy work/life balance.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!