About this job
We are hiring for a Quality Controller as a full-time permanent opportunity working on our Dennis brand, BuyaCar.
This is one of our fastest growing brands and is transforming the way people buy cars, allowing customers to browse thousands of cars online without the need to visit or even speak to a car dealer. We make it simple to purchase directly through our sales team, and deliver the car directly to the customer’s door. This unique offering, and our customer-first approach, has earned us an “Excellent” rating on TrustPilot
What will you be doing?
As Quality Controller you will own the quality control of vehicles supplied by BuyaCar. Liaising with internal departments, dealers and external logistics companies to ensure vehicles are prepared to the required standard and meet the standards required for release and delivery to the end user.
You will build relationships with logistics partners and dealers in order to qualify and understand the dealer’s preparation standards, requirements and expectations, while ensuring they meet those of BuyaCar and ultimately the customer.
Working to individual targets and KPIs and representing the company in a professional manner in all internal and external interactions.
Key directives of the Quality Controller
- Maximise profit retention, enforcing BuyaCar preparation standards through dealer’s accurate completion of condition reports.
- Minimise costs by exhausting options for repair or replacement when required, including securing dealer rebate as and when necessary.
- Responsible for the condition of vehicles purchased:
- Follow up on orders placed by the car buying team.
- Confirm quality of stock and accuracy of adverts.
- Liaise with dealers around timescale and quality of preparation.
- Request evidence of any contentious issues, such as bodywork scuffs, scratches,stone chips.
- Take the final decision to release vehicles for delivery to the customer.
- Answer incoming calls from customers and dealers responding quickly and professionally to their needs.
- To proactively follow up with the customer and dealer to maximise sales opportunities and support the sales team targets, actively reducing cancellations.
- Work in collaboration with the car buying, customer care and operations teams at all times.
- Keep up to date with vehicle product knowledge and the motor industry marketplace.
- To achieve and maintain appropriate FCA compliance regulations including DPA and AML.
- Achieve individual targets and KPI’s and actively contribute to the collective team’s target.
This vacancy requires someone with proven experience in the Automotive sector
- Experience of delivering on targets
- Good understanding of the motor dealership operation, personnel and its profit centres.
- Experience working in dealerships and understanding costs & timescales involved to rectify issues, such as paintwork or mechanical repair.
- You are very organised, with an attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- You have a confident, helpful & professional telephone manner.
- You communicate clearly and concisely
- You’re ambitious and self-motivated.
- You can take the initiative and resolve issues without fuss.
Dennis has a fast-paced, non-hierarchical culture; the successful individual will demonstrate a very rounded skill set and will thrive in a fast moving entrepreneurial culture where dynamism and an approach that drives continuous improvement are essential.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear fro