About this job
Want to be part of the most dynamic automotive media company in the UK?
Are you looking to join a fast paced company where you can express yourself in a positive environment where change and growth are celebrated?
We are hiring for an experienced Senior UX Designer as a full-time permanent opportunity to work at Autovia.
- Permanent Senior UX Designer job at Autovia.
- Full-Time, Monday to Friday
- This role will be working with brands Autovia's portfolio.
- Temporarily fully remote, in the future will be a blend of both office and home working.
- Office location is Tottenham Court Road.
We are dedicated to creating and building highly successful brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in. As a result we are looking for the highest calibre of talent to join us and help us with the next stage of our growth journey. Our car brands are an important part of our strategy which includes being able to offer our customers a solution for every stage of researching and buying a car.
We own leading automotive titles including AutoExpress, CarBuyer, DrivingElectric, Evo, Octane, CarThrottle among others. We also own the UK’s first online business to sell and deliver used cars to your home in Buyacar.co.uk. This is one of our fastest growing brands and is transforming the way people buy cars, allowing customers to browse thousands of cars online without the need to visit or even speak to a car dealer. We make it simple to purchase directly through our sales team, and deliver the car directly to the customer’s door. This unique offering and our “customer-first” approach has earned us an “excellent” rating on TrustPilot.
What will you be doing?
- As a Senior UX Designer, you will have full ownership of the UX process, working closely with key stakeholder and product development teams in an agile environment.
- Promote a data driven approach to designs, conducting competitor & industry research to identify opportunities
- Always put the customer at the heart of your designs
- Implement a test and learn ethos, prototyping and user testing
- Drive UX best practices across the portfolio of brands
- Lead and mentor a small team of UX designers and researchers
- Own the product life cycle from ideation to release – visualising ideas though sketching, wireframing & lo fi prototyping to creating high fidelity designs.
As Senior UX designer you will have a proven track record of creating innovative, successful user experiences in ecommerce and media environments.
- Be able to create Lo fi prototypes as well as high fidelity designs
- Be data driven with clear understanding of analytics software
- UX research & workshop experience
- Be successful in a fast paced agile environment
- Interest in coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
We are dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you.
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to support The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of their vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, days working from home, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for this UX job, we’d very much like to hear from you!