As a React Developer you will be responsible for the ongoing innovation of Dennis’ digital portfolio. You will work closely with the Head of Front End Development to implement and iterate over our technical architecture, using modern tools and techniques.
We don’t have any vacancies at the moment, but this post can give you an idea of what it’s like to work in the React Development team here at Dennis. Please apply below, and we’ll add you to our talent community. Next time a role becomes available, we’ll be in touch.
Working as a React Developer at Dennis
This role is a unique opportunity to join an efficient and innovative team at the inception of a massive overhaul of our technical stack as we develop a cutting edge, component based, React driven platform. An ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for development and the drive to really shape the direction of the technologies and the team going forwards.
- Collaboration, innovation & iteration
We’re constantly thinking about how we can improve what we build, using the best tools for the job. You’ll work alongside a highly collaborative team, to explore, suggest, and iterate on our technical stack, pushing yourself and the business forward. We love open source and consider it essential that our developers have the time to learn, grow and contribute back to the community.
- Performance & usability
Optimising the performance of our applications is a continuous task and a blazingly fast product for the end user is what we strive to achieve. You’ll need to ensure you share our user first philosophies within all aspects of the development cycle.
- Writing clean, semantic code
We like our stuff neat and tidy and we hope you do to! Best practices and modern standards are something you’ll strive for, bringing knowledge to the team to cultivate robust, clean, extensible and reusable code
What we look for?
- Hands on experience with React. (1 year+)
- experience using state-management libraries. (e.g: Redux) (6 months+)
- Working knowledge with RESTful APIs.
- Focus on end user performance optimization.
- Responsive/Progressive enhancement methodologies.
- Expert in HTML5, SASS, CSS and other web fundamentals.
- Experience with Node.js and its associated development tooling.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to support The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of their vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day – we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!