The role involves working on both greenfield projects and on our Drupal Distribution which powers our growing portfolio of brands including Alphr.com, BuyaCar.co.uk, AutoExpress.co.uk, Evo.co.uk, TheWeek.co.uk, Carbuyer.co.uk, CloudPro.co.uk, ExpertReviews.co.uk, DenOfGeek.com, to develop and integrate front and back-end functionality using open source technologies.
We don’t have any vacancies at the moment, but this post can give you an idea of what it’s like to work in the Software team here at Dennis. Please apply below, and we’ll add you to our talent community. Next time a role becomes available, we’ll be in touch.
What we look for in a Software Engineer
You’ll have acquired deep knowledge of front-to-back-end performance best practices, and have specific experience in:
- Drupal 7/8 (Module development, Theming)
- RESTful web services (JSON, XML)
- PHP 7.x (object-oriented methodologies) and MySQL 5.x
- Experience writing unit test in PHPUnit
- Knowledge of front-to-back-end performance best practices
- Memcache and Varnish
- Web standards
- Elasticsearch and Solr / Sphinx / other faceted search systems
- Distributed VCS ( Mercurial, Git)
- Agile/Scrum, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
- We’re award winning. Award-winning brands, award-winning teams and a culture that encourages innovation.
- Our Commitment. We’re all very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis. Every employee can plant a tree in their name to be part of our vision and future.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have plenty of great benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We reward hard work. After five years with Dennis you’ll earn a 6-week paid sabbatical, to spend as you like. And our Employee of the Year wins a holiday-of-a-lifetime courtesy of us! And there’s more…
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties, or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day – we guarantee you’ll enjoy Dennis life.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and y
our potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!